Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sherlock Holmes

I know it's mostly new movies here on this blog, but I just got to see the Sherlock Holmes movie on demand and it was good.
By no means is it great or true to the source material, but it was an enjoyable action movie.
That's all I really wanted out of it, so getting enjoyable action, I felt like it gave me all that it could have.
Great style, and a passable story made it worth the time spent watching it.
Both Jude Law and Robert Downey Jr. were entertaining with the borderline-romantic relationship they had between Watson and Holmes.
Rachel McAdams was cute, but the character lacked much depth, so that was a bit disappointing.
It was nice to see Guy Ritchie take on the challenge of doing a period piece. It was really just the same tried and true Ritchie action sequences set against a more stylized backdrop, but it worked well enough.
Sherlock Holmes gets a B-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home